Click HERE to Buy
Approximately 30-35 macarons
120g almond flour
200 g confectioners sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
100g egg white (aged- about 4-5 days separated from the yolk and refrigerated. Covered in a saran wrap/ Tupperware)
1/4 tsp egg white powder
20g granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
1/4 oz Red icing Color
Wilton #12 tip
1) Mix the almond flour, confectioners sugar and cocoa powder in a food processor. You can pour everything into the processor and then mix the content with a butter knife before turning it on.
2) Sift the ingredient
3) Microwave the egg white at 15 seconds at high to further thicken the egg white. Make sure that the egg white is not cooked.
4) Place the egg white in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the salt.
5) Whisk at low speed until becomes foamy.
6) Add in the egg white powder.
7) Add in granulated sugar gradually and continue to whisk until it turns soft peak.
8) Add in coloring and continue to whisk until it is between soft and stiff peak (medium peak). You don't want it to be too stiff.
9) Add in the almond mix gradually and fold until the batter is evenly mix. Avoid mixing like crazy because that will create bubbles. (I know, it is very tempting to do that)
10) Put in piping bag and pipe them an inch apart.
11) Let it sit between 30-60 minutes
12) Bake at 315 F for 15 minute at the lowest shelve.
Snowflake is made with fondant & snowflake plunger that you can find in "Macaron Supplies" on the left tab.
Cream Cheese Filling
2 oz Natural cream cheese (soften)
3 tsp organic butter (soften)
1/4 tsp of vanilla essence
Pinch of salt (if using unsalted butter)
1) Mix cream cheese, butter, salt and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl
2) Add confectioners sugar gradually and continue to mix evenly
3) Pour into a piping bag
4) Pipe on the macaron shells
Good News!! This Velvety Christmas macaron is now on SALE in my Etsy Store. Ships to US only. Perfect gift that is LESS than $10!
This post is submitted to the Mac Attack #25 The End of the Year: Seasons & Holidays
Other Christmas cookie recipe: