Thank you for stopping by. Kindly leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers....

Monday, October 17, 2011

Hello kitty & friends

You can always have some fun with baking. What's better than a delicious macaron is deliciously adorable macarons!!  Since I had some extras from today's baking and I thought why not make something cute out of it.
I use Americolor edible pen to draw the faces. The red and pink bows are made out of Heart Sprinkles. I buy almost everything online these days. I know, the shipping prices is a little crazy, but it's so convenient!
Sugar sprinkles are amazing! They come in so many different sizes, shapes and colors, you can do so many things with them.
I only have one HelloKitty in the picture below because this is the only successful one. I guess I'll need more practice. After all, practice makes perfect....
Hello kitty is not lonely anymore now that I gave her some friends. I used a smaller tip to to make her ears. Otherwise it will look more like Mickey Mouse than Hello kitty.
For the happy faces macarons, I piped out oval and round shaped macarons. And used edible Americolor pens to draw the faces.


The little rabbit macaron below is done with Wilton tip #12. For the ears, I just piped two lines above a round (regular macaron shape). The 2 lines will spread out a little and attach to each other just like in the picture.


Macarons Tea Party

When I googled cute macarons, there is actually a DYI macaron maker from Japan. It even has all the ingredients that you need. How convenient! 

Courtesy of Strapya-world.com


I'm so proud of this Hello Kitty macaron. My next hello kitty project would be a Tower of them. It's like a 5 year old dream come true, wouldn't it?

What is your favorite cartoon character?


For the macaron recipe, please visit Macaron Back to Basics

1 comment:

  1. You make such fabulous macs! This one in particular made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...