Thank you for stopping by. Kindly leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers....

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Godiva Chocolate the Diva Macaron Recipe

I consider myself one of those health conscious people and try to eat as healthy as I can. I even tried going on vegetarian diet but it doesn't last me longer than 2 days because I just love food too much. When I go to grocery stores, I'll pick organic rather than regular if I see it there. But I am not like hardcore about organic food, its just that when I am asked to chose, I'll choose organic.  Chocolate is one of those food that I have cravings for once in a while. It just relaxes me especially dark chocolate. And if I'm going to add a couple pounds by indulging this "sinful" treat, it better be GOOD chocolate. My favorites are GodivaLindt and GhirardelliI did my first attempt in making chocolate macarons. This is different than the other ones that I made with chocolate ganache filling because I added cocoa powder in the macaron shells to give that extra Omph in them. And of course, I used only Godiva Dark Chocolate for the filling... :D



Macaron Shell Recipe
130g almond flour
200g confectioner sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
100g eggs
20g castor sugar
1/4 tsp egg white powder
Pinch of salt

1) Mix the almond flour, confectioners sugar and cocoa powder in a food processor. You can pour everything into the processor and then mix the content with a butter knife before turning it on.
2) Sift the ingredient
3) Microwave the egg white at 15 seconds at high to further thicken the egg white. Make sure that the egg white is not cooked.
4) Place the egg white in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the salt.
5) Whisk at low speed until becomes foamy.
6) Add in the egg white powder.
7) Add in granulated sugar gradually and continue to whisk until it turns between soft and stiff peak (medium peak). You don't want it to be too stiff.
8) Add in the almond mix gradually and fold until the batter is evenly mix. Avoid mixing like crazy because that will create bubbles. (I know, it is very tempting to do that)
9) Put in piping bag and pipe them an inch apart. (I used wilton #12 and wilton 16" piping bag)
10) Let it sit between 30-60 minutes
11) Bake at 315 F for 15 minute at the lowest shelve. Put a tray on the top shelf to avoid macarons from turning brown.

Printable Recipe

Godiva Chocolate Filling
2 oz Godiva dark chocolate
1/4 cup heavy cream
Pinch of salt

1) Chop the chocolate finely and put in a mixing bowl
2) Heat the heavy cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds at high temperature
3) Pour in the heavy cream into the bowl of finely chopped chocolate. Stir it slowly until it is evenly mixed.
4) Put the 12" wilton piping bag ( with 12" wilton tip) into a cup with the tip facing upwards.
5) Pour the melted chocolate mix into the piping bag and let it sit till it thickens. Put in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to quicken the thickening process.
6) Pipe onto the macaron shells.

Printable Recipe

To design the shells, I used edible Gold luster dust. To apply, you'll need 1/4 tsp of luster dust and mix with 1/2 tsp of vodka. Mix them evenly and use a small paint brush to brush it across the macaron shells. When the vodka dries up, the luster dust will stick on the shells giving that luxury look to the macarons.
You can't get more Diva than that!


Remember to refrigerate the macarons for 24 hours before serving. Macarons are best after they had been matured. 



For an organic version of this recipe, you can replace the ingredients by using only organic ingredients:
organic almond flourorganic caster sugarorganic powdered sugarorganic eggsorganic cocoa powder and organic dark chocolate.

No comments:

Facebook Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...