Valentine's Day is about celebrating the love for your significant other. This is the one day you go out of the way to do something different to make your loved one feel special. It doesn't have to be expensive; it is the planning and effort put into it that counts the most. My perfect Valentine's Day start out in the morning when you wake up and there's breakfast in bed. Throughout the day we just have to be nice and patient with each other regardless of everyday hectic and stressful life. A romantic candlelit dinner to end the night with passion and love. Wouldn't it be lovely to have a day like that everyday?
Click HERE to buy
Approximately 30-35 macarons
140g almond flour
200 g confectioners sugar
100g egg white (aged- about 4-5 days separated from the yolk and refrigerated. Covered in a saran wrap/ Tupperware)
1/4 tsp egg white powder
20g granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
1/4 oz Red icing Color or Pink
Wilton #12 tip
1) Mix the almond flour, confectioners sugar and cocoa powder in a food processor. You can pour everything into the processor and then mix the content with a butter knife before turning it on.
2) Sift the ingredient
3) Microwave the egg white at 15 seconds at high to further thicken the egg white. Make sure that the egg white is not cooked.
4) Place the egg white in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the salt.
5) Whisk at low speed until becomes foamy.
6) Add in the egg white powder.
7) Add in granulated sugar gradually and continue to whisk until it turns soft peak.
8) Add in coloring and continue to whisk until it is between soft and stiff peak (medium peak). You don't want it to be too stiff.
9) Add in the almond mix gradually and fold until the batter is evenly mix. Avoid mixing like crazy because that will create bubbles. (I know, it is very tempting to do that)
10) Put in piping bag and pipe them an inch apart.
11) Let it sit between 30-60 minutes
12) Bake at 315 F for 15 minute at the lowest shelve.
The white heart is made with fondant and a mini heart shaped cookie cutter.
Rose water & raspberry filling:
70g organic confectioners sugar
3 tsp organic butter (soften)
1/4 tsp of vanilla essence
Pinch of salt (if using unsalted butter)
4-5 drops of Rose water
1/2 jar Pure Raspberry jam
1) Mix the butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla essence & rose water.
2) Spoon 1/4 tsp of raspberry jam on the center on each macarons
3) Pipe the rose water buttercream around the raspberry jam.